The birth of a baby is not only his or her birth, but also yours as a mother or father. We prepare to become someone we have never been before (whether it’s the first time or tenth).
“Tara’s heart for reaching beyond the physical aspects of childbirth and into the soul of her clients, creating a safe place to ponder the uncomfortable and unexpected, helped prepare me for the most amazing birth experience.” -KD (Mother of 5)
Tara Stratton (Wallingford) is a DONA-trained/certified Kansas City doula with over 6 years experience of mentoring dozens of families through the pregnancy, birth and postpartum experience. She provides comprehensive Birthing From Within prenatal education, to help you gather the tools to navigate the winding pathways of childbearing and parenthood.
In her classes you will explore questions like:
- What do I really need to know to give birth?
- How can I establish mindfulness practices during my pregnancy to help me in labor and parenting?
- How will I cope with the intensity & unknowns of labor?
- Will my partner feel confident in supporting me?
- And any other questions that might come up for you while working together…
She also offers families additional services in:
- Placenta Encapsulation
- Postpartum Planning
- Breastfeeding Support
- Peer-to-Peer Counseling Sessions for Survivors of Abuse and Traumatic Birth
Tara has been working as a birth and postpartum doula since 2008. She is no longer taking private doula clients to pursue her path to midwifery, working as an apprentice. If you would like to experience some of her doula expertise and are interested in a homebirth, please contact Lisa at www.awakenedbirthing.com